The Elcometer 990 coating thickness gauge calibration foils are ideal for use in the laboratory, on the production line or on site.
Calibration foils or shims are the most convenient way of creating a coating thickness standard on the substrate material, surface finish or form. Shims provide the ideal method for adjusting the calibration of the coating thickness gauge to ensure the greatest possible accuracy.
- Metric and Imperial values displayed on each calibration foil
- Available individually or in shim sets
- Precision foils with ±1% accuracy
- Each shim has a unique serial number for traceability
- Shims are available in thicknesses from 12.5μm to 20mm (0.5 to 790mils)
Using calibration foils
Each foil has been independently measured at the centre point. Up to 4 foils can be combined to create a wider range of thickness values.
For the greatest accuracy, place the probe in the centre of the foil.